Wednesday 15 October 2014

OSD600: Release 0.2 – Webmaker – issue#319

In project release 0.2, I would like to take the issue #319 in webmaker. And I already left a message on github to ask and am still waiting for the response. This issue is about the UI, making the line to align with the text in the homepage. It is a small bug and easy to fix. However, it will a good start for me to go through the whole project and get the ideas about how it works. Whenever I get confirmed, I will send the pull request to make my first contribution on a real open source project. 

I have been hesitating in taking bugs for a while. Inspired by David's article "Minimum Viable Product" in Oct. 8, I decide to start with small bugs. Taking a small bug makes me feel more confident on open source development. And I am willing to take more bugs. 

Also, there is another small bug (#315) I am interested in. After I am done with this, I am most likely to work on that if it’s still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment